Once again the Government of The People’s Republic of China is offering 30 full scholarships to Kenyans for undergraduate and postgraduate studies for the 2017/18 academic year divided as follows:
Energy, Mining, IT, Architecture and Social Science
Applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Minimum KCSE Mean Grade of B (plain).
- Not more than 25 years of age.
- Strong grades in the major subjects that are key to the preferred speciality.
- Completed Secondary Education in the last three (3) years.
- Has KCSE certificate.
- Are serving the country in the public sector.
- Completed two (2) years of continuous public service since their last degree studies.
- Masters applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree with at least Upper Second Class
- PhD applicants must have a relevant Master’s Degree.
- Are below 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD.
All eligible candidates must read and follow the following guidelines strictly
Download the application forms from the Ministry’s website: www.education.go.ke
(scholarship form) or
Obtain preliminary application forms from the Ministry of Education offices at Telposta Towers, 27th floor room 2702.
The filled-in application form with attached certified photocopies of ID,
academic/professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials and a study plan (200 words for undergraduate and 800 words for postgraduate) in the
area of study should be sent to:
Director – University Education
Ministry of Education,
P O Box 9583 – 00200,
OR delivered to
Telposta Towers, 27th floor Room 2702
The Preliminary application forms should reach the Ministry not later than 9th March,
2017. Only shortlisted applicants (who shall be informed by phone call from only phone number 0771842051or 0773825305) shall be invited for interview.
Only nominated applicants ( who shall be informed through e-mail /phone call) shall
be required to proceed with steps 1-5
- Access the Chinese Government Scholarship Program website for more details on the
- Apply for the scholarship electronically (You are advised to use Internet Explorer 6.0 or
- By following the link: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn. (Register with a User name and
- Complete the online application and submit as required, download and print three (3)
sets of the form submitted to Chinese Scholarship Council.
- Submit one (1) set of the hard copy of completed online application form through your
Head of Department to the Directorate for University Education on the address indicated above.
PREFERENCE FOR THE AWARD OF THESE SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE GIVEN TO
TEACHING STAFF IN OUR PUBLIC UNIVERSITIES AND UNIVERSITY CONSTITUENT
COLLEGES. TEACHING STAFF IN THESE INSTITUTIONS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED
Have any questions regarding the application process? Write your questions in the comments section below.